Sick

Well, there's nothing like an entire week of sickness to put things into perspective!! Last Monday I came down with some sort of cold/flu/migraine mix, which knocked me out for six glorious days......the first three of which I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep or eat (until I discovered sleeping pills!!), and the next three of which I could sleep but still couldn't eat and was too weak to do anything but continue to lie in bed moaning and groaning! Needless to say, it's a great weight-loss plan, but not so great on the morale. :-) Thankfully today I've already kept down three small meals, and tomorrow I'm (gasp) actually planning on going to work!!

What I learned during my week of bed rest:

1) Asking for help is about the hardest thing in the world for me, but something I must learn how to do!!! (even if I'm so weak and frail that as soon as I call my poor, unsuspecting friends, all I can do is burst into tears! it's OKAY!)

2) On the same note, bursting into tears while calling in sick greatly increases the credibility. :-) (Why didn't I think of this years ago?? HA!!!)

3) I "wasted" a whole week of my life lying in bed, shut away from the rest of the world....but that's all I want to waste!! No more settling, waiting, hesitating, wrestling endlessly with questions that I already know the answer to...bring on SPRINGTIME, adventure, JOY, a fresh start, change, growth, laughter, and spontaneity!! I want to start LIVING again! (okay, so that might seem a bit dramatic, but I've had a lot of time to think!)

4) I have a pretty smoking awesome family that holds nothing back in their expressions of love for me!!!! Flowers, cards, chicken noodle soup, twenty phone calls a day to check up on me, listening to me blubber....if that isn't love, I don't know what is! :-)

and last but not least....

5) I never want to get sick again. :-)

0 comments: