
Anyway, strangely enough, as soon as I got Brandon's message tonight, I promptly burst into tears. Weird, I know! That's not exactly the reaction one hopes for at times like this! :-) It was probably the combination of so many things, though...first of all JOY that my brother, a guy who's pretty much been my best friend all my life, a guy I've shared an unbreakable bond with no matter where our lives have taken us, has found the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with! Second of all, more JOY in the fact that the girl he's marrying already happens to be a great friend and one of the few people on this earth that I can be totally real with, bare my soul to, pray with, be vulnerable with, laugh with...I couldn't have asked for a better girl to "steal" Brandon away from me. :-) So yes, I'm SO happy for the two of them, so thrilled for everything God's doing in their hearts. But along with that, if I'm honest, there's also a certain amount of sadness, because once again everything is changing. Once again somebody else that I'm close to is entering a new phase of their life, a phase that will include me less and less. And so I have to grieve the end of what was...thank God for the amazing blessing of growing up with a brother that I've shared so many unforgettable memories with...and step into a new season in our friendship. Oh, the joys of growing up....but someone had to be the nostalgic, sentimental one in the family, so I guess it's just as well that that someone is ME!! :-)
Anyway, yeah...there's no need to get all carried away with that! So...congratulations, Brandon and Mandy!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more crying to do... ;-)
1 comments:
Hey there! I just found your blog! Cool beans!
Post a Comment