I'm not a poet.....FAR from it!! But tonight as I was having some much-needed God time, as Chris Tomlin and Jason Upton paved the way for the opening of my heart, this is what came out. This, strangely, is all it took for me to go from tired, worn out, lacking perspective.....to feeling alive, excited, hopeful, and confident in what God's going to do next! So here it is! :-)
Jesus, tonight I lay aside all the
tiredness
doubt
fear that my life isn’t going anywhere
that I’m stuck
alone
that nothing will ever change
that this is it.
I lay it down
I open my hands
I release these questions
this fear
this gnawing unrest
to You.
You are the WAY
You are the TRUTH
You are the LIFE
You are all that I need.
You will make a way.
You will keep working.
You will bring freedom
growth
discovery
adventure
peace
surprises
LIFE.
But that can only happen if I will
rest
let go
stop striving
stop trying to figure it out on my own
That can only happen if I will look to You
in my heart’s search for Life.
And so I do
tonight I rest
tonight I wait
tonight I listen
tonight I open your Word
and tonight You will breathe into my soul
new life
new perspective
new hope
new courage
new faith
new expectation
new confidence
in who You are
in what You will do
because You are GOOD.
Jesus
You are here
stirring up excitement
anticipation
hope
confidence.
THANK YOU!
You are more than able
to go before
make a way
touch hearts
speak
prompt
open eyes
reveal
And so tonight I rest in that!
My hands are open
My heart is open
And in my outstretched palms
I offer you
my heart
with all its desires, longings, dreams
I offer you
my passion for Africa, for the children
for a life, a purpose, a ministry
far beyond this
I offer you
my finances, my house, my job
and all the questions and struggles that go along with that
I offer you
my friendships
my family
everything.
It’s Yours, Jesus!
You have created me
You have fashioned me this way
For a purpose, with a plan
For more than just existing, for more than just plodding along
And so I pray
Open my eyes
Lift my gaze
off myself
to YOU.
"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord"
Jesus, I want to soar above this world and its cares
I want to SEE in the spiritual realm
I don’t want to be stuck in myself
in my small little world
when you have so much more for me.
So take me there, Jesus
take me further, deeper into YOU.
in YOU there is joy
in YOU there is deep purpose and meaning
in YOU there is always hope
in YOU there is an adventure to live for
in YOU there is real love
in YOU we are seen
known
cherished
delighted in
called
chosen
set apart
set FREE.
You don’t make mistakes, God
You don’t forget
You don’t waste your time (or ours)
THANK YOU!
0 comments:
Post a Comment