Road Trip

So apparently all it takes to make my heart come alive in a BIG way is a weekend getaway to the mountains!! Moriah and I just got back from a quick trip to a retreat centre near Banff and had SUCH an amazing time! There's nothing like a road trip with a kindred spirit...getting away from the traffic and noise and constant busyness of the city...heading into the wilderness and learning to breathe again! :-) I need to start making this a regular part of my life! Seriously, we had barely pulled into the parking lot of the lodge we were staying at when I felt my creativity coming back in full force, my lungs expanding, and my heart exploding with all the possibilities!! (Yes, it was THAT dramatic!) ;-)



Friday night on the road...
yakking our ears off...what else? :-)

the forecast was cold and rainy...

but Saturday turned out to be the most glorious day ever,
nothing but hot sun and blue skies!

How can you tell we're in heaven,
finally getting out of the city??

Ah, a little sun-bathing by the river...

Beautiful views!!

Where I spent Saturday afternoon!
The most phenomenal few hours ever...
napping, journaling, praying, and the kind of
worship that words can't even begin to capture...
just my heart in communion with my Savior's.
Total, perfect peace!



A little hiking to get the heart rate up!


Our 6 am hike on Sunday morning...
got caught in a rain storm and then
locked ourselves out of the building.
It's all part of the adventure!

Very little sleep all weekend = yet another trip to Starbucks
on the way home! It's official; I'm addicted to coffee.
Our spontaneous and enthusiastic (three-hour-long) karaoke
party erupted shortly thereafter. :-)



And that's it!! Back home now, refreshed...renewed...with a killer tan...ready to tackle another crazy week!

0 comments: