skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Posted by
little miss sunshine
at
10:41 PM
So tonight I went and watched a documentary playing at church about a couple of guys who went to Africa, India, and Thailand, immersed themselves in the worlds of the people they met there, asked some tough questions, and (of course) were totally changed by the whole experience. And once again I realized that there's no getting around it....I see the face of an African child, look into their eyes, and my heart just RESPONDS. There is nothing else that has ever made me want to drop everything, hop on the next plane, and spend the rest of my life LOVING those kids, somehow providing even an few of them with security, safety, someone who actually sees them, protects them, loves them, provides for them, allows them to dream, introduces them to Jesus. This is seriously a mission I want to run after. I know it....I keep having it confirmed....and yet I still have to ask, "How??" "Really, God?" "When?" "Where?" 

Funny because most of my life I told God quite adamantly..."You can send me anywhere, call me to anything, but I will not go to Africa!" How things can change!! Now the continent that I was once totally closed to, indifferent to, sometimes even repulsed by, is a continent full of people that I desperately love...people who have totally captured my heart. I wonder how many more surprises God has in store?? :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment